Recognition of prior learning (RPL) at Colour Cosmetica Academy
HAVE YOUR SKILLS RECOGNISED WITH COLOUR COSMETICA ACADEMY
- Have practical and on the job experience that you want recognised?
- Do you want a qualification upgrade or update your existing Qualification to get that promotion?
- Want to save time and money in attaining an Industry qualification?
- Do you have overseas qualifications that are NOT recognised in Australia?
- Have overseas qualifications that are NOT recognised in Australia or a recent migrant with established work history?
- Are you a student enrolling in qualification and want recognition for prior learning or current competencies?
- Are you returning to the workplace?
- Do you have a disability or injury requiring a change in career?
WHAT IS RPL?
Recognition of prior learning (RPL) is a process that assesses your competency acquired through formal and informal learning to determine if you meet the requirements for a unit of study.
You can use a variety of documentation to apply for RPL.
This includes, but is not limited to:
• records of completed training
• assessment items
• assessment records
• declarations from your employer, and/or
• a copy of your student records
What is Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)?
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) means an assessment process that assesses the competency/s of an individual that may have been acquired through formal, non-formal, and informal learning to determine the extent to which that individual meets the requirements specified in the training package or VET accredited courses.
- Formal learning refers to learning that takes place through a structured program of instruction and is linked to the attainment of an AQF qualification or statement of attainment (for example, a certificate, diploma, or university degree);
- Non-formal learning refers to learning that takes place through a structured program of instruction, but does not lead to the attainment of an AQF qualification or statement of attainment (for example, in-house professional development programs conducted by a business); and
- Informal learning refers to learning that results through the experience of work-related, social, family, hobby, or leisure activities (for example the acquisition of interpersonal skills developed through several years as a sales representative).
DISCOVER HOW TORISE AND GROW YOUR CAREER WITH NEW AND UP TO DATE QUALIFICATIONS USING ONLY YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE IN:
- SHB20121 Certificate II in Retail Cosmetics
- SHB30221 Certificate III in Makeup
- CUA41220 Certificate IV in Screen and Media
- CUA51020 Diploma of Screen and Media
- SHB30121 Certificate III in Beauty Services
- SHB30321 Certificate III in Nail Technology
- SHB40121 Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy
- SHB50121 Diploma of Beauty Therapy
- SHB60221 Advanced Diploma of Skin Therapy
- SHB60118 Advanced Diploma of Intense Pulsed Light and Laser for Hair Reduction
- SHB20216 Certificate II in Salon Assistant
- SHB30416 Certificate III in Hairdressing
- SHB30516 Certificate III in Barbering
- SHB40216 Certificate IV in Hairdressing
- SHB50216 Diploma of Salon Management
HOW CAN I APPLY?
AT COLOUR COSMETICA ACADEMY, WE HELP TURN YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE INTO RECOGNISED AUSTRALIAN QUALIFICATIONS IN THE INDUSTRIES OF HAIR, BEAUTY AND COSMETICS.
Colour Cosmetica Academy for a FREE skills assessment.
We discuss what your goals are and help you select the correct qualification that is equivalent to your skills and guide you on what you need to do to achieve your goals.
Collect evidence such as current resumé, testimonials from clients, work examples/samples, photos/videos, reference letters, testimonials from past employers, workshops, seminars, certificates and transcripts, and overseas qualifications.
Once our assessors have assessed your portfolio of evidence, you will be contacted for a competency conversation and a practical workplace skills observation if required, or an oral and/or written assessment.
If you are requiring further development in a particular area, Colour Cosmetica Academy will bring you up to date to complete your
qualification, extra fees will apply. (see combination pathways)
Where the outcomes of this process indicate that the student is competent, structured training is not required.
COMBINATION OF PATHWAYS
Colour Cosmetica Academy identifies where students who wish to apply for RPL assessment and have gained competencies through work and life experience but have gaps in their competence, or where a student may require training in new areas, a combination of pathways may be appropriate.
In such situations, the student may undertake an initial assessment to determine their current competency.
Once current competencies are identified, a structured learning and assessment program ensures that the student acquires the required additional competencies identified as gaps.
All certificates at Colour Cosmetica Academy are Nationally Recognised and are issued only by Colour Cosmetica Academy.
APPLYING FOR RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING AT COLOUR COSMETICA ACADEMY
This involves claiming your practical recognition for knowledge and skills not exercised as part of a formal course, but from life or work experience and any other training that you may have undertaken. (RPL, Recognition of Current Competence).
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL) means recognition of competencies currently held, regardless of how, when, or where you’re learning occurred. Under the Australian Quality Training Framework, competencies may be attained in a number of ways.
This includes any combination of formal or informal training and education, work experience, or general life experience.
In order to grant your RPL, Colour Cosmetica Academy must be confident that a student is currently competent against the endorsed industry or enterprise competency standards or outcomes specified in Australian Qualifications Framework accredited courses.
The evidence required from all students who are applying for RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING may take a variety of forms and could include certification, references from past employers, testimonials from clients, and work samples.
The Colour Cosmetica Academy assessor must ensure that the evidence is authentic, valid, reliable, current, and sufficient.
IN JUDGING EVIDENCE, OUR COLOUR COSMETICA ACADEMY ASSESSOR ENSURES THAT THE EVIDENCE OF PRIOR LEARNING IS:
- Authentic (the candidate’s own work)
- Valid (directly related to the current version of the relevant endorsed unit of competency)
- Reliable (shows that the candidate consistently meets the endorsed unit of competency)
- Current (reflects the candidate’s current capacity to perform the aspect of the work covered by the endorsed unit of competency)
- Sufficient (covers the full range of elements in the relevant unit of competency and addresses the four dimensions of competency, namely task skills, task management skills, contingency management skills, and job/role environment skills).
THE REQUIRED ENGLISH TEST SCORES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
IELTS: overall average score of 5, with a minimum score of at least 4.5 in each band; or
OET: “B pass” is required for all 4 components of the OET; or
TOEFL iBT: total band score of 36, with at least 3 in Listening and Reading and at least 12 in Speaking and Writing; or
PTE Pearson Test of English (Academic): Average band score of 36, with a minimum of 30 in each band; or
CAE Cambridge English (Advanced) Average band score of 154, with a minimum of 147 in each band.
AT COLOUR COSMETICA ACADEMY, YOU CAN USE YOUR EXISTING SKILLS AND WORK EXPERIENCE TO GAIN A NATIONALLY RECOGNISED QUALIFICATION WITHOUT ANY CLASSROOM STUDY
OUR RPL ASSESSORS WILL ASSIST YOU IN DETERMINING THE BEST EVIDENCE THAT YOU ARE ABLE TO USE FOR THE RPL PROCESS. THIS EVIDENCE CAN BE FROM CURRENT EMPLOYERS AND WORKPLACES, OR THOSE FROM THE PAST.
RESUME / CV
- Resume, Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letters
- An outline of the organization that you work for
- Link to online resume (e.g. LinkedIn)
- References from current and past employers
- References from supervisors/peers
- Witness testimonies or third-party reports
- Performance appraisals or reviews
- Letters of support/appreciation
- Workplace awards, prizes, or certificates
- Feedback sheets
- Evaluation forms
- Training needs analysis/goals/sessions
- Reviews of logbooks
- Memos you have drafted
- Letters you have drafted
- Reports you have drafted
- Plans you have drafted
- Drawings you have created
- Brochures/flyers you have produced
- Promotional material
- Notations made on documents
- Forums/meetings/conferences/seminars you have helped organize
- Proformas/forms you use
- Simulation of a work activity
- Role plays
- Assessment tools you may have used
- Workplace evidence
- A portfolio of workplace documents (such as policies and procedures) that you work with or developed
- Any other samples of work you have produced
PHOTOGRAPHIC AND VIDEO EVIDENCE
- Photographs or videos of your work
- Photographs or videos of your performing your work
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Certificates, degrees, or qualifications
- Units of Competence
- Statements of Attainment
- Statements of Completion
- Training diaries
- Job cards
- Training diaries
- Kits/induction tools
- Team meeting notes
- Copies of daily “To Do List”
- Team projects, outlining your roles
- Minutes of meetings that involve you doing an action with a result and agenda
- Booking sheets
- Diary entries
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Procedures/policies you work with
- Pro-forms/forms you use
- Department documents
- Standards used
- Confidential / privacy documents
- Email correspondence
- Team meeting notes
- Fax messages
- Skype conversations
BOOKKEEPING AND FINANCIAL RECORDS
- Bookkeeping and any other financial records
- Budgets/costing sheets and other samples